Sunday, September 11, 2011

Daryl's Dedication

On September 11, 2011 we had Daryl dedicated to the Lord. That means Matt & I dedicate ourselves to bringing up Daryl in a Christian home and teaching him all about Jesus. He was kindof cranky during the ceremony until it was his turn, then he was happy and looking back at all the people staring at him.

I described how Daryl has changed our lives. Through our struggles to get pregnant, Matt & I learned to trust God and lean on Him for strength and support. We also became closer as a couple and learned to support each other.

Matt's parents and my mom stood up front with us to show their support as well.


Daryl enjoyed sucking his fingers while Pastor Jim spoke.


Praying for God to bless Daryl's future.


"All done! Where's the cake?"


The children's Pastor Jim, Daryl, Me & Matt. (Daryl begged me not to put him in a white dress, so I dressed him in fancy church clothes instead.)


Gumpy, Nana, Matt, Me & Daryl, Grandma


My mom made the cake - delicious chocolate with chocolate chips!


Auntie Angela & Daryl


Daryl received lots of gifts, including: toys, books, a savings bond and a cross-stitched prayer from Great-Grandma Bernice!


Daryl & Auntie Kacie - Eric & Kacie were nice enough to host our after-party.


Pooped-out and ready for bed!