Merry Christmas Everyone!
This was a very exciting time for us as Daryl experienced his first Christmas! We spent Christmas Eve at my sister, Amy's, house, and Christmas Day at Matt's parents' house. There was tons of good food, presents, family and celebrating the birth of Jesus!
Matt & our nephew, Trevor
Trevor & Sara
We got our niece, Preslee, a potty baby alive doll.
The day before our get-together, Trevor & I made some fun shaker toys using marbles, glitter, water, food coloring, and putting them in water bottles. He had a blast, and Kinsey and Daryl received these as gifts!
We bought Trevor a Finn McMissile from Cars 2. We also got him a cool pocket watch that flips open. He had fun pretending to be a train conductor and telling everyone what time it was.
Kinsey got a train ball popper from us.
On Cookie Day, my mom noticed I had holes in my socks, so of course I got socks for Christmas. Thanks mom! Every year she also gets us the collectable annual Swarovski snowflake ornament.
Kinsey had fun with her present from Aunt Kacie & Uncle Eric.
One of Daryl's favorite presents was Elmo from Aunt Kacie & Uncle Eric. He loves to dance as Elmo sings songs!
Uncle Eric cuddling with Daryl
Clapping and dancing with Grandma Cindy
Cousin Kinsey & Daryl - they almost look like twins!
Santa brought Sara shelves for the basement, and Daryl got a push toy and a sled (if there's ever going to be snow, he could actually use it!)
Daryl found a light-up ball in his stocking made by Great Grandma Bernice!
Daryl also got some books; a small, plush Elmo doll; and car that is remote controlled by a rattle!
The car also moves by rolling the ball on the top. Daryl loved this toy!
Our family at Nana & Gumpy's
When do we get to open all of these!?
The girls - Aubrey, Teagan & Kaitlin
Kaitlin loves to play Ring-around-the-rosie!
Teagan was happy we got her a Bop-It and not a rooster.
I don't know what Matt plans on doing with that waffle maker, but it looks scarey!
Let the Christmas Chaos begin! (Ryan, Kaitlin, Gavin, Melanie & Tyler)
The best present of the day (besides the obvious birth of Jesus) was our present to Gumpy to go sky diving! He's been talking about doing it for a while now, so I convinced everyone to chip in and see if he was just all talk. It's at the same place where both Ryan and I(Sara) went sky diving. He will be going tandem, hopefully this summer. What a surprise for Gumpy! "I can check that off my bucket list!"
Angela's Martha Stewart gene came out when she wrapped presents this year!
Daryl got a Dino Ball Popper from Nana & Gumpy
"I'm so excited to play with all these new toys!"
Daryl & Daddy
Of course the kids are always just as happy playing in the boxes!
Standing up in his festive PJ's!
While we were busy opening presents, Daryl decided to try standing up for the first time - all by himself!!! Luckily, since it was Christmas, I had my camera ready. He totally shocked us! Since this moment, he has been standing up non-stop on everything he can. He has even become more daring and has tried to stand without holding on!
