Monday, March 14, 2011

My Sister's New Arrival!

Kinsey Ann
Born: March 14th @ 8:13am
Weight: 7 Lbs 14 oz
My sister, Amy, had her baby this morning! I got the phone call from Amy at 5:40am saying that her water broke and she was having contractions. Amy's husband, Jon, was at work so I drove Amy and Trevor to the hospital and Jon met us there. The C-section went well. Little Kinsey was having some breathing trouble, so they had to put a breathing tube in. The doctor also decided that she had to be transferred to a different hospital that has breathing machines. The doctors are not worried though, and suspect that she'll be breathing on her own in the next 24 hours. Mom and baby are doing well right now.
Amy got to hold Kinsey in the NICU for just a minute before they had to send her by ambulance to the other hospital. This is the only picture I have of her so far, because I didn't actually get to go in the NICU to see her. I will post more pictures as soon as I get them.


Amy and Jon before the birth - excited for their little girl to be here!

Trevor is ready in his "Big Brother" shirt! He gave each one of us a colored paper clip while we were waiting, and told us it was our "ticket" for seeing the baby. Then he proceeded to tell us which color paper clip got to go first. It was pretty difficult for him to have to wait to see his sister, especially since she was in the NICU. But he did a great job for a 4 year old!

Aunt Kacie bought him a chocolate donut for breakfast.

Amy after the C-section and waiting to see her little Kinsey!

Jon stopped in to announce she had arrived! (And proud Big Brother Trevor, of course)